In the Diocese http://holyfamilycathedralparish.com/parish/wp-admin/post.php?post=269&action=editof Tulsa, the Sacrament of Confirmation is offered to Catholics who are 16 years of age, usually Juniors or Seniors in high school. [Catholics who are older than high school age should get information about Confirmation through the parish RCIA program.]
There are four components to the program:
- Classroom catechetics: Confirmation class meets on Wednesday evenings in the library in Holy Family Cathedral School. Classes begin in September and end at Easter.
- Service Project: Each class chooses a service project. Recent projects included volunteering at Catholic Charities, providing dinner at the Day Center for the Homeless, working at Clear Creek Monastery, and making sack lunches to feed the poor.
- A Retreat: The class usually participates in a retreat presented by the Catholic students from the Catholic Newman Center at Tulsa University. The retreat takes place in February or March.
- Meeting with the Bishop: The Bishop wishes to meet with every Confirmation candidate in the Diocese of Tulsa. The meeting takes place at the Discipleship Catholic Youth Conference. Admission is free for confirmation candidates.
Students enter the Confirmation class the same way they enter other Religious Education classes.
- The Registration 2015-2016 needs to be completed.
- There is an additional Confirmation Registration form that needs to be completed.
- Students baptized at any church other than Holy Family need to request a baptismal certificate from their church of baptism.
Contact TulsaCathedral@gmail.com, with your questions.